Thursday, March 5, 2009

furthermore...

I realize it's pret-ty lame to blog twice in a row like this (I mean, sheesh, lady, structure your freakin' thoughts already), but I've been meaning to share this for months, ever since it appeared on my friend Molly's fabulous blog. Seriously, this woman is hilarious. I know we're all busy--what with the flailing economy and the hoarding of supplies and whatnot--but if you can find nine minutes out of your day this video is completely worth it. To my Mormon readers: note how she structures this speech almost exactly like a General Conference talk: Brief gospel setup followed by long allegorical story followed by moral. To my non-Mormon readers: Elna Baker has been featured on "This American Life." What more could you want? What more could anyone want?

No comments: